The two tech Giants are all set to reserve the first position in the market. Android Nougat and iOS 10 are preparing to hit the market later on this year. Have a quick look on the difference that who will gain an ultimate attention with respect to the features.
The iOS10 and Android Nougat’s Beta versions are available. The industry leaders have announced the expected release days which are some weeks far away from each other. A most common factor about both of them is, they introduce the new operating system updates during their developer conference every year. Last Google I/O Conference held during 18 to 20th May of 2016. Android N was the big announcement during the event. At WWDC 2016, Apple also introduced iOS 10. A cold war and tough competition between two industry superiors as the expected release dates of both are few weeks far away. iOS 10 VS Android Nougat: Who is performing well? Find out here!
- In Terms of Features: Tech geeks say that Apple is still far behind in adding new features with compare to Google. Google Nougat is introducing revolutionary features such as “Google Assistant” and “VR Mode”. With compare to this Apple’s iOS 10, update mostly focuses on Siri update and more enhanced looks. In the upcoming Siri update, the interface has become more brilliant and hence it will understand the commands easily and more accurately. Businesses show their interest in the iPhone app development services
- Map Update: Navigation has been an integral part of using any app. After a long time, it has been noticed that Apple has updated its map. However, Many markable changes in the map are observed in Apple’s map. But still, Google maps are too accurate. Must note that “Faces and Places” and voicemail functionalities are already found in Android. Android app development company make the navigation apps smoothly due to this feature and get a good response.
- Digital Assistant: Have focus on Google’s update for digital assistant. You must be aware of “Allo” and “Google Home” which are two variations of Digital Assistant. Allo is a mobile app which functions somewhat similar to the Apple’s Siri. Google Home is there to manage your routine tasks and smoothly extracts information and media from the internet. Apple is told to be working out on this feature.
- Multitasking is possible: When it comes to the Android Nougat, it supports multitasking at the same time. Users can perform two different tasks simultaneously through two different apps. Two apps can be accessed in a split screen. This is a big advantage of using Android N over iOS 10. iOS 10 does not support this feature.
- Doze: Doze is an another added advantage of using Android N that any Android development company will never miss. This feature is not effective in iOS10. Doze halts the background applications when a device is not in use. With the latest update, the app will work even the phone is in motion.
- UI and Notifications compared: In the Android N, notifications are redesigned. Remarkable changes are done which include, minimalistic border designs, new design occupies the width of screen, smaller fonts, etc. On the other side, the widgets are not directly shown on the home screen. But, after pressing an app’s icon the widget will appear. This is applicable to the current temperature shown for the weather widget. With this, iOS 10 users can gain the home screen widgets, but most of the times they are out of the sight.
- Removing the Stock Applications: It is easy to hide the stock apps from the device through the both Android N and iOS 10. But actually, users can not delete or hide all the stock apps. They are allowed to do so for some apps which are actually allowed by the handset manufacturers.
- Comparison between photo applications: For this factor iOS 10 is winning the race against the Android Nougat. Photos apps have got more accuracy which uses machine learning to identify people, places and objects in the images captured. Professionals offering iPhone app development services can integrate the photo app for accurate results. Moreover, users can also sort and search the pictures by people, places or objects. The photos app have become smarter which can even differentiate that which photos have been taken around the oceans, river, etc. It will display the relevant photos taken around building, if you search the building.
- Music Application: Apple’s new music app for iOS 10 is landing with the great makeover. Easy to navigate interface is the fantastic feature to consider in the music application. But still, people give good ratings to the Google music app, Play Music. A reason behind it is, the Play music seems to care about the music fans.
- Frequent Updates: Must note that, Android OS gets frequent updates with compare to the iOS 10. Google must focus on releasing updates for the main OS as many stock apps are found on the Google Play Store.
It is still tough to conclude that who is actually a winner of this game. But of course, it will never be too much if I say that iOS 10 conducts exclusive features. Android N is also not too behind in the race. Android Nougat is also the first choice of many techies due to the overall performance improvement. For the first time, both the OS are near to each other in terms of features. There is no other way than waiting for both the updates to get out of the beta. After that, it will be easier and results will be crystal clear to judge that who is winning the race. Stay Connected for the upcoming tech news!
Latest posts by Ravi Jada (see all)
- Your Mobile App needs an update! - March 22, 2017
- Top 10 Trends Every iOS App Development Company Should Follow - March 17, 2017
- Geo-Location based Mobile App Development for your Business - February 17, 2017