At WWDC 2013 today, Apple proclaimed iOS 7 will be obtain able today for developers in beta version for the iPhone. The company also confirmed the list of hardware that will be compatible with iOS 7 when the software debuts as a final release this fall. The new system will be available for the iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2, iPad third and fourth generation, iPad mini and the iPod touch fifth generation.
It is believed that possible upgrades we can expect are:
- iOS 7 with tricks such as passbook
- Upgraded and improved Siri integration: Siri can now take charge of phone functions like changing the brightness, turning on Bluetooth, or playing a voicemail.
- Vastly improved Google maps: Apple’s own-brand Maps app may have been controversial, but it does have some good news for pedestrians: turn-by-turn walking directions, with a night mode so you don’t end up advertising yourself like a beacon for thieves when you don’t know the area.
- Improved camera: This will have to be done to improve on the gimmicks that have been introduced with models such as the HTC one and S4, expect one in the region of 12MP
- More Ram and the introduction of NFC technology is now something that is almost a must
- iOS 7 AIRDROP: Transferring files between iOS devices is set to get easier with AirDrop, a new method of transferring data using Wi-Fi. Accessible through Control Center, you just tap AirDrop to share what you’re currently viewing on your phone. A small menu appears to show you your nearby friends, then you just tap one or more to share the data.
- Messages: A prime example of the new clean look for iOS 7, with flat colors and a transparent keyboard. You can also scroll left to quickly get to your messages.
What do you think of Apple’s new iOS 7? Will it be enough for Apple to compete with some of the latest Android smartphones?
Latest posts by Deepak Patel (see all)
- Roles of Mobile App Consultant for your Business App - October 13, 2016
- Top causes to choose iOS App Development Services for your Business - August 24, 2016
- GITEX Dubai 2016: Tech Giant iMOBDEV Announces its Participation - August 4, 2016